lose yourself



This house took nearly ten years to build. It was well-worth the wait, from the looks of it. According to the owner Jan Mcfarland Cox, the delays were a good thing, because “we had time to refine and refine and refine. And the house got better each time.” Check out the full article here on the New York Times.












I've never been keen on landlocked places, because such places give me the sensation of being swallowed up, which erm, induces panic in me. But looking at this stunning Idaho landscape makes me think that losing myself in a land like this isn't bad at all.

I love how the house has such pure lines but doesn't feel alienating the way houses built along such principles sometimes do. It's full of personality and character but it doesn't feel like a statement.

Images from the New York Times

Comments

hmstrjam said…
hi1 just read about this in the times! Love the open space and unfinished walls and exposed beams, the cinder blocks I'm not so sure about...
yanqin said…
I like the cinder blocks, but maybe it's the grey I love...

Popular Posts