popsicle dressing

I don't know, maybe it's all the beige hanging around shops and runways lately, but I've become quite inspired by these approaches to wearing solid blocks of colour.


From top left, clockwise: The Sartorialist, Karla's Closet, Thakoon, Bottega Veneta, Céline, Céline, Garance Doré

Any colour I wear generates shock from people, because it happens so rarely. I generally prefer a neutral colour palette, but whenever I venture into more brightly-hued realms, I like things to pop in a graphic way - I think of it as the simple approach to colour. I am especially fond of colour-blocking, with the kind of unusual colour pairings Marni and Bottega Veneta do so well.

And so today I turned to my one piece of brightly-coloured clothing in my wardrobe, because the sun has come out after a solid week of gloom. Actually, I wear this top pretty often, just strangely enough, never to work. I like that it echoes the sea slugs I am so fond of.



It's an inexpensive top from a night market in Taiwan and it reminds me of those popsicles that dye your tongue something demonic. I usually wear it with shorts or jeans, but for work today I wore it over a grey dress. I could also wear it with my black trousers, but it seemed more fun to try for a third colour, rather than black.

I like it because it seems so loud but it's so simple and straightforward somehow that it's actually quite plain. It's a bright top for people who like quiet things.

Photos from the sartorialist, karla's closet, style.com, garance doré

Comments

yanqin said…
That's one of my favourites of Giovanna too. All the details are perfect.

Popular Posts