a tantrum, then a girl crush


I had a minor meltdown this morning gettng dressed. I looked at my jeans longingly and felt stricken at the thought of putting on another pair of black trousers (my new grey ones were in the wash).
This is, rationally speaking, odd behaviour for someone who likes wearing more or less the same thing all the time.
I think having to wear them because of work and having little avenue to wear the other things I want to wear (like, jeans) really got to me this morning. It was a such a physical reaction.
In the end, I stuffed myself into a kneelength denim tulip skirt, one I like very much but didn't feel very much like wearing either (jeans draw frowns at the office, but a denim skirt like mine is fine - I don't get it).
I don't think I'm displeased with my clothes, but there are times when things which normally please me suddenly bore me or frustrate me. Does this happen to anyone else? How do you deal with it?
Anyway, I felt slightly better when I looked at these pictures of Freja Beha Erichsen for Tom Ford eyewear. I love Tom Ford ad campaigns, and isn't the Freja, model of the moment (I've always thought she was awesome), fantastic in them? I especially love her hair.


It made me go online and look for other pictures of Freja because she is such a cool chick. In my current mood, I wanted lots of heck-care attitude. Which Freja has in truckloads.


Her style isn't really all that different from all the other models in skinny beat-up layers, but Freja's tomboy attitude sets her apart for me.
And my favourite shot from the Vogue Paris editorial in the August issue (just posted, but worth a repeat performance).
Photographer: David Sims
Link
So, a morning rage became a girl crush to get me through my weekend. I think looking at other people who seem to have it all together helps, for now.
Pictures from here, here, here and here

Comments

Elizabeth said…
I'm also inspired by people who appear to have it together. I never seem to!
yanqin said…
Pret a Porter P: I'm somewhat embarrassed to feel like I'm in a rut with a wardrobe full of clothes I love :)

enc: I'm assuming that these public figure types just don't get caught on camera on bad days....

Popular Posts