the third year

I spent the first day of the year shopping. I'm not sure what that means for the rest of the year. Mostly, I think it means nothing, since I traditionally do a lot of shopping at this time of the year, with all the sales going on - I shop sales strategically, holding off things I know won't sell at full price so save money.

A tiny part of me is reminding myself to make sure this - moments of indulgent consumption - doesn't set the tone for 2010. It is after all, the third year since my graduation from university and adulthood has made its presence known a little more strongly with the passing of each day.

I start the new year with a new job - sort of, waiting for the ink to dry on my contract - and I hope this relieves me of some of the unhappiness that clouded much of 2009. I am sorry to leave my present job: it had meant the realisation of my aspirations and its falling apart is sad. But hopefully, the new challenge I've set up for myself will be an inspiring one. Shopping for it certainly was.

Anyway I thoroughly enjoyed the January edition of US Vogue, in particular this editorial -










Magazine: US Vogue January 2010
Photographer: Steven Meisel
I love the energy, playfulness and expressiveness of the pictures, and such is the spirit I'd like to see more of in my 2010.
Images taken from tfs

Comments

Popular Posts