first impressions



I am no sculpture expert and am pretty much a casual admirer of the art form. Nonetheless, amongst other things about the film "Pride and Prejudice" (the 2005 Joe Wright version), this sculpture had me transfixed. It's so life-like, I can almost see the veil fluttering gently.


I looked it up (on the Internet, naturally) and found its name on a handy "Pride and Prejudice" forum. It's called the "Veiled Vestal" and it was created by Rafaelle Monti in 1847, and commissioned by the sixth Duke of Devonshire.

I would love to see it for myself someday. In fact, I would like to see all the homes and locations used on the film, and go on a "Pride and Prejudice" tour, cheesy as it sounds.

Image from here

Comments

Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular Posts