pleasure in the pathless woods



Magazine: US Vogue February 2010
Photographer: Mario Testino

Okay this isn't a pathless wood, and she's in manicured Ralph Lauren rustic, but I really love the scrubbed simplicity of this shot and I think Jessica Biel was the perfect actress for a shot like this. It's one of those things that really jump out at your and keep you looking because it works so well.
I liked the cover very much as well, it's very "all-American", which is appropriate for US Vogue. Almost like one of the better Ralph Lauren ads actually, but I like it nonetheless, given I've never been into hyper-saturated, Mert and Marcus-y images anyway. It's a feel-good cover and again, it works because they're using an actress who really can pull off the look.

I bought the issue. Haha.



Images scanned by mon on tfs

Comments

July Stars said…
I am desperate to find a lovely pair of vintage denim dungarees. I've been searching for so long. I really like the whole Americana revival!

Popular Posts