printed matter

It was sunny and yet coolly breezy day. We get maybe, 20, 30 days like this a year, and I love them. It put me in the mood for one of my favourite blouses.

IMG_1245
IMG_1248

I don't buy at Topshop much, but it's a surprisingly good for prints at a great price. There's something in the air in London that attracts good print designers, so many of their designers have a sickeningly good flair for prints (Erdem, Mary Katranzou, Jonathan Saunders, Duro Olowu, Basso and Brooke, Peter Pilotto, and icons like Celia Birtwell and Ossie Clark). I always like looking at their print stuff when I'm there because there's usually something fantastic amid all the other mediocre prints.

Prints are a jarring departure from what usually inspires me in terms of style, but I don't want to be strict about these things - anything that speaks to me at a very personal level goes.

Anyway, my outfit. Nothing special about how I put it together. But I have to say I'm really getting a lot of wear from those jeans lately.

01

Comments

yanqin said…
Agree about the tropical climate being an influence. The weather can make you feel like a spoilsport for wearing grey.

Popular Posts