made in heaven



I love Jil Sander, I love Uniqlo. So, I think I'd love Jil Sander + Uniqlo. To sum up from a WWD article -

"The designer will take over the creative reins for all the retailer’s products excluding accessories and children’s wear. The Japanese brand and Sander are also working to develop a special Uniqlo collection, bearing the designer’s minimalist look, set to bow for the fall season."

Said Ms Sander herself -

"The challenge for me is to establish a premium quality in a democratically-priced range."

Kickass. Can't wait to see this one bear fruit. I hope what she means by premium quality. I checked out the Liz Claiborne collection by Isaac Mizrahi last weekend, and was disappointed by the lack of quality, fabric-wise. It was a waste of good design.

Image from wwd

Comments

Popular Posts