a split in ranks
So after I declare I need to shop less, I shop.
Ignore the silly bow belt, and consider the dress:
- It hits slightly below my knees and billows out to give me the small waist and a swishy grace I certainly do not possess otherwise
- It has a feminine "Mad Men" air but it has also clean, almost athletic lines especially at the shoulder area
- It is solidly lined but not constricting
- It is 100% different from anything I own
- I tend to under-wear my dresses
- Isn't the colour...bandage-y? Camel/beige/whatever is not very me.
- Do I need another dress?
- Couldn't it have come in black also? Or navy? Or grey? Why....beige?
It would have been the perfect impulse purchase, but I didn't buy it. I love dresses when I try them in shops, but except for two of them, I hardly wear the rest.
I like how the desire, or at least intrigue in this dress, came out of nowhere - from my inspiration folders and notebooks, you'd think all I covet were boyish jackets, shirts, and trousers. I was taken by surprise by how much I did not want to take it off. I must be having one of those rare "I'd like to be a sophisticated career woman" days.
Picture from mango.com