a jolt to the system



Watching "Paprika" got me out of the sleepy funk I was in over the whole New Year weekend - it's a crazy blaze of colours and gorgeously trippy and imaginative. If the ideas and questions it poses aren't necessarily the most innovative, it's nonetheless thoughtful and watchable and a great argument that films can toss off weird and wonderful big concepts and NOT alienate audiences. It's a huge relief after David Cronenberg's "Eastern Promises" - that movie just left me completely bewildered and mildly disgusted. I don't know why I still watch Mr Cronenberg's work: they don't really do anything for me and I always come out wishing I watched something else.

Picture from http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&rls=GZHZ,GZHZ:2007-27,GZHZ:en&q=paprika+movie&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

Comments

Popular Posts