beat the chinese new year shopping madness

All is relatively calm again on Orchard now that we've left the madness of Christmas and New Year behind - it is now possible to walk down the stretch between Wheelock and Wisma without actually making contact with the people around you. I took advantage of the calm this mid-morning to nip into Zara before I headed back to the office after a morning assignment. They've put their items on final markdown - only 50%, boo - and I went in hoping the blouse I was eyeing was a) still there and b) marked down further. And hurrah, it was, on both counts.



Voila, I have found the perfect ruffled blouse for me - ruffled but not frilly, dramatic but sort of still relaxed looking, nice silk cotton fabric. Not a steal at $75, but better than the original $129 price tag. I also wandered into Gap - en route to Topshop - and picked up a waffle-weave cotton tee with teal and white stripes that put to mind the seaside for $19.50. Didn't find anything at Topshop, but I found a great jersey tank with raw edges from CK Calvin Klein for $20 - now that's a steal. So yep, pretty much set for Chinese New Year now that I've covered the fancy top, the casual top, and the basic top, and I've managed to get my shopping done before the crowds throng the street again looking for new clothes to start the new year. A pair of new jeans would be ideal, but maybe I should be prudent until pay day.

Comments

Popular Posts