sip and enjoy



This is a post to honour a) my friends - the photo above taken by The Sartorialist represents the affection I feel for you three, as well as how stylish you guys are, of course.

And b) coffee.


Those who know and love me - even those who don't love me - know that I am a coffee fiend of the very first order. And on a holiday to Italy last year - Florence to be precise - I discovered the Moka pot: a stove-top espresso machine.



Well, I fell madly for them - I like the old-school clunkiness and simplicity of use compared to the most espresso machines - and I tried to buy one, but I didn't fancy the funky Alessi ones and those were all I saw. Then we left Italy and it left my mind.


It, however, did not leave the minds of my lovely friends, and lo and behold, I got one for my birthday! Made by Bialetti (Alfonso Bialetti invented it in 1933), it looks like a cleaner, newer version of the one pictured above. A brand-new motivation for waking up in the morning.

Top photo from http://thesartorialist.blogspot.com/; photo of Moka pot from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moka_pot

Comments

Elizabeth said…
What a lovely birthday present.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY.

Popular Posts