my delayed crush - fringe





It was kick started by Prada last year when Miuccia Prada's spring collection for '07 came out (see above) - I found myself drawn for some reason to this coat - And also the purse. But I didn't see myself wearing or carrying anything remotely fringe-y; the hippie connotations were too annoying and not entirely removed from the Prada collection. And then Ann Demeulemeester's spring collection for '08 did it for me. The touches of fringe and the fully-fringed pieces have more of a Great Gatsby vibe than hippie without looking too much like some kind of caberet troupe. Basically, it's fringe done in a way without all the typical references and simply as an interesting texture on an urban uniform of all black and simple shapes. So well done, Ms Demeulemeester, and here's to me working out how I can work as little of bit of that into my everyday looks.






Pictures from www.style.com

Comments

Popular Posts