beautiful and dead or sloppy and alive?

Today I am lazing at home under the pretext of having a rather nasty cold. When I'm home alone, I generally sit around in oversized T-shirts left over from my school days, and running shorts. Quite different from these girls in this shoot by Sophie Delaporte -

Inspired by 'The Virgin Suicides' - easily one of my favourite books - it's a creepier take than Sofia Coppola's dreamy big screen version (not a fantastic movie on the whole, but the atmosphere and feel was spot on). Instead of the feminine chaos that most imagine a house full of girls would be like, it's cold, a bit disturbingly sterile, and it's kind of vivid and dead at the same time.

I just like how the romance of all the dresses have been blown straight out of them by this shoot. Everything looks beautiful and repressed - an intriguing combination.

I think I'll stick to my completely unpresentable but very comfortable and liberating ratty shorts and tee though.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Are you over 18 and. Learn how to get Cash Advance Loans the correct way.

Popular Posts