coming out of storage

Purchased more than a year ago, this dress has never been worn. I bought I because I couldn't get over the way it's amusingly serious and cute at the same time, but afterward, it always felt more cute than serious, and I could never bring myself to actually wear it out.

But it's survived every round of wardrobe purging I did since; I can't bring myself to throw it out or give it away. I typically go for classic designs, and this is pretty out of character (the flippy twirly skirt mainly), but it's out of character in a way that appeals to me. Hmmm.

Wearing them with my shoes of the moment, they seem to work, though I seem to be channeling Alexa Chung, and I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Guess I'll have to wear it out to decide for once and for all if it's going to be a keeper.

Comments

Ammu said…
I think it works with those shoes. Like the buttons.
yanqin said…
Yep, I felt quite comfortable in the outfit...it never felt right when I tried it on with my usual ballet flats. Tentatively a keeper :)

It's one of the dresses Osman Yousefzada did for Mango - his designs always have an interesting detail, like in this case, those buttons.

Popular Posts