notes for january
Kensington Gardens, London, 2011
My desire to post leaf pictures is directly proportional to how tired I feel. Any delusions of easing into the new work year were knocked out of me, with work raining down on me like punches. In fact I have work to finish right now, but posting something pretty feels very, very pivotal to my ability to get past the next hour or so without wanting to stab my hand.
Anyway, a few things I've been thinking about since the year began...
- Why isn't "A Dance of Dragons" available in paperback already? I want to read a 1,000-page book without straining my wrist.
- Must remember to bring sunglasses out with me now that the sun has started showing its face again, following a month of daily rain.
- Prices of organic veggies are getting quite a bit more affordable now. Hurrah!
- Buying trousers online was a really bad idea.
- Stalking a sage-and-white striped shirt. But is it time to stop buying striped button-downs?
- Almonds are a really good snack. Just satisfying enough, so I automatically stop after a handful. It's also a somewhat healthier alternative my dark choc digestives habit.
- Rewatched some old "30 Rock" last night. So good. Where did it go? Why isn't it back?
- I really need to start planning that family trip to Hanoi happening in two weeks.