swept off my feet

I rather like this picture, which is odd, considering it looks little like what I was hoping to capture. It was cold, clear quality of the light and the way it looked on the milky marble which entranced me, and when people walked past, the contrast of their dark silhouettes seemed to heighten the sensation and so I snapped a few pictures hastily. I waited for another 20 minutes but no else walked past in right position and so I gave up hopes of getting a better shot.
So here is a not a very good photo, but it still summons up the curious echoing stillness that is the Mezquita in Cordoba, Spain, and the feeling of calm as I stared at the icy glow of the marble floor. I love that moment in travel when time stops, and you are immersed in your surroundings, and home seems far, far away. After a while, the moment passes, and you emerged from the dream, feeling sluggish and trying get your bearings once more.

Comments

Popular Posts