notes for june
Well, my travel plans have unexpectedly rearranged themselves, and owing to a number of factors, I won't be able to travel to Romania as planned, which is rather a disappointment. After abandoning real work and with a bit of help from the Internet and a guidebook to the Czech Republic grabbed from the library, I have devised Plan B. I will still be travelling to Budapest, Vienna and Prague for work, but with the full 8 days I have before I need to return to Singapore, I've decided to venture to the Czech spa town Karlovy Vary, then to the countryside to do some light walks in the Ceske Svycarsko national park, then head up north to Dresden in Germany, and end my trip in Berlin, which I have not visited since I was a student, and would love to see again.
Please feel free to share travel trips for the cities I've mentioned as I hadn't had much time to plan my trip and pretty much improvised my travel plans over the last 24 hours, and I have slightly more than a week before I depart. I promise to put up a travel guide of my own when I return!
Meanwhile, other thoughts floating my head this month
- Linen weather is in full swing! As the picture above indicates, I did buy that linen shirt from Uniqlo that I wanted, and it is so good.
- I decided against the olive chinos. I only wanted them because my thighs have gotten bigger from yoga, but chinos are not essential to my wardrobe and I shall enjoy my other trousers instead. Does body change affect your shopping decisions?
- Sale season is great for lingerie/underwear shopping
- Non-shopping news aside: "Half The Sky" by Nicholas Kristof and Sheryl WuDunn is amazing - harrowing and inspiring at the same time. One of those books I want to buy for all my friends.
- Watched "Prometheus". After that I went home to watch "Alien" on DVD with running commentary by Ridley Scott and I decided "Prometheus", though beautifully shot and gripping at times, was largely redundant.