notes for march
- As I count down to my trip in April, I'm subtly dressing like I'm going to be barefoot in the sand every day. Slouchy t-shirts, with long skinny sleeves that cover my arms to the knuckles, the way I like it after a day in the sun. Flip-flops or flat sandals. I disguise all this with a blazer at work.
- I really like the Massimo Dutti spring collection – full of the things they do well, like chunky knits in cotton-linen, lightweight partially-lined blazers, soft ballet flats. Warm weather staples.
- That great fall collection by Dries Van Noten. Every few years I see a runway collection that I actually relate to, and this is one of them.
- I’m still listening to Feist every day. I saw her live last month and she was a master class in performing live – no banal reproductions of what's in the albums. She banters, riffs on her songs, makes you feel great to be there. I can’t recommend her most recent album "Metals" enough. Check out this video.
- More randomly, Middle Earth, here I come! A very good friend of mine who lives in New Zealand is getting married in December, and a bunch of us will take the opportunity to make a road trip to look for hobbit holes.
- Speaking of fantasy, the Simpsons' "Game of Thrones" intro . Love "The Couch".
Picture from latitudinal tales