packing - yay!

My not-quite-packed suitcase 

I finally got down to planning a holiday! I'm headed to Perth and Margaret River on Friday, and the idea of driving from beach to beach and winery to winery fills me with joy. Mentally, I've checked out, even if I'm still showing up at work daily.

A trip is of course, a chance to babble on about packing, which is my favourite kind of list to make. Penning down an item to pack daily seems to helps the time pass more swiftly.

I expect the weather to be hot in the day and cool at night, and I expect to be spending some long hours in cars, so I'll be packing comfy stuff that doesn't get too wrinkly from sitting.

Overall, it's a generous list where I probably don't have to repeat my tops. I have three sets of swimmers even though I probably can make do with one, a dress which I probably won't wear because on holidays like this I tend to be super casual. I may take stuff out at the very last minute...

A few travel all-stars are in there. There are many items from Cotton On, because I've found that they can take a beating (can sweat in them, can handle sloppy laundering) and versatile enough to be dressed up and down. A merino sweater from COS that's amazingly light and warm, and the only sweater I need when I travel (it came with me when I backpacked in South America). My Celine Trio, which is chic and practical. My Maison Marie Louis perfume oil, which comes in tiny, hardy roller bottle - I always find perfume a luxurious touch when travelling.

Tops
  • White cotton gauze tank top from OZMA 
  • White cotton t-shirt from Cotton On 
  • White cotton muscle tank from Zara 
  • White and blue print camisole from & Other Stories
  • Seafoam cotton gauze tank top with Cotton On 
  • Striped long-sleeve t-shirt from COS 
  • Navy merino wool fine knit sweater from COS (for chilly moments)
  • Tank top from Lululemon (for light hikes)
Bottoms
  • Denim shorts from Uniqlo U
  • Straight-leg jeans from JW Anderson x Uniqlo 
  • Leggings from Lululemon (for light hikes)
  • Board shorts from Cotton On (for the beach)
Dresses
  • Chambray midi dress from Warehouse
Footwear
  • Flip flops
  • Sneakers from Onitzuka Tiger 
  • Running shoes from Asics (for light hikes)
Others
  • Underwear 
  • Sleepwear 
  • Swimmers (three sets)
  • Rashguard (so that I need not apply sunscreen on my shoulders unless necessary) 
  • Sunnies
  • Sun hat
  • Belt
  • Crossbody purse from Celine 
  • Daypack from Marmot
  • Water bottle
Toiletries
  • Dr Bronner's soap (for hair and body)
  • Facial cleanser (a small piece of my usual olive oil soap bar) 
  • Sukin facial moisturiser 
  • The Body Shop loofah round for exfoliating face 
  • L'Occitane body lotion (travel-sized bottle swiped from hotel)
  • Supergoop! sunscreen for face
  • Alba Botanica sunscreen for body (relatively reef-safe)
  • Razor
  • Sukin deodorant spray 
  • Ouai wave spray (in travel size bottle)
  • Antihistamines 
  • Maison Marie Louis perfume oil 
Everything fits into my cabin-size suitcase. I really wish I didn't have to bring along my running shoes but I prefer to be cautious and bring along shoes with good tread for hiking. 

And that's it! If you have any recommendations for Perth, Margaret River and WA in general, feel free to share. Here's to a good break. 

Comments

Ammu said…
Hope you have a wonderful time!

Popular Posts