notes for may
Gili Air, Indonesia
- Gili Air was a much-needed break - the diving was average but I love how quiet the place is, and the night dive ranks among the best I've done (fell in love with an orang utan crab).
- I came back to a few pointless dramas at work, which need only a two-word response: Grow up.
- Took part in a survey of Singapore's marine life, which was an educational experience. I still think the muck we call the sea around Singapore is pretty gross and nothing I want to swim in, but I admire the diversity of marine life that manages to thrive in there.
- Read "World War Z" on the flight back from Lombok (which has a shockingly comprehensive and well-priced airport bookstore) and felt paranoid the whole time, as though any minute someone was going to stand up and start chewing on passengers.
- My phone crashed while trying to update its software and in fit of disgust I left it at home and spent my holiday unconnected. It was quite effortless.